Here are the 15 Greatest Life Lessons from Dalai Lama
1. Our primary purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
2. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
3. Love is the absence of judgment.
4. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
5. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other
6. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito
7. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive
8. Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can
9. There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster
10. If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever
11. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
12. When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways–either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.
13. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
14. This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness
15. There is only one important point you must keep in your mind and let it be your guide. No matter what people call you, you are just who you are (You are awareness, You are your inner being). Keep to this truth. You must ask yourself how is it you want to live your life. We live and we die, this is the truth that we can only face alone. No one can help us, not even the Buddha. So consider carefully, what prevents you from living the way you want to live your life?
PS: If you are contemplating, what do I do with my life? What’s my purpose in this world? You can talk to me by CLICKING HERE
If you enjoyed this article, pls share with others by clicking the sharing buttons below