Here are the 12 Greatest Life Lessons from Eckhart Tolle
1. The past has no power over the present moment. Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life
2. Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge
3. The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is
4. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
5. Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.
6. Give up defining yourself – to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You will come to life. And don’t be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it’s their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don’t be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are
7. Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on
8. To love is to recognize yourself in another
9. Time isn’t precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is
10. Don’t look for peace. Don’t look for any other state than the one you are in now; otherwise, you will set up inner conflict and unconscious resistance. Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender
11. You must have failed deeply on some level or experienced some deep loss or pain to be drawn to the spiritual dimension. Or perhaps your very success became empty and meaningless and so turned out to be a failure.
12. Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to “die before you die” — and find that there is no death. The acceptance of suffering is a journey into death. Facing deep pain, allowing it to be, taking your attention into it, is to enter death consciously. When you have died this death, you realize that there is no death — and there is nothing to fear. Only the ego dies
PS: If you are contemplating, what do I do with my life? What’s my purpose in this world? You can talk to me by CLICKING HERE
If you enjoyed this article, pls share with others by clicking the sharing buttons below